How cool is her cover?
POP TRAVEL by Tara Tyler
Cover Reveal: May 13, 2013
Release Date: July 7, 2013
Publisher: Curiosity Quills
Private Investigator J. L. Cooper always knew pop travel laser teleportation was too good to be true. Finding video proof of a disintegrating traveler is the stomach turning “I told you so.”
Cooper can’t broadcast the video on the nosy, government monitored Qnet, so he digs around, revealing more suspicious traveler disappearances, the death of his client, and threats to his political little brother, who is in jeopardy of turning to dust anyway for disregarding Cooper’s warnings not to pop. Cooper has to do everything himself.
To stop the disappearances and save his brother he must shut down the ruthless mega corp Pop Travel International (PTI). And that means convincing Hasan Rakhi, the celebrity Creator of pop travel, to publicly admit the deadly flaw. No problem. Under constant surveillance, Cooper will have to be unpredictable, facing his fear of popping to crash a party at Hasan’s well-fortified plantation compound. Yes, the laser fences are real. As long as he survives his next pop, Cooper won’t let anything distract him from getting the job done. Not the android security guards, who aren’t as bright as they look, or even Southern Comfort in a purple dress, Geri Harper (an undercover Agent). Nothing Coop can’t handle.
Math teacher by day, sports mom by night, when does she have time to write?
Good question, but the Lazy Housewife makes time! Tara Tyler writes sci fi, thriller, and fantasy, with dabs of romance and humor and tips for efficient living. Something for everyone.
Congrats on your upcoming publication, Tara!!
Last week I was nominated by Tonette dela Luna (Yay! and thanks, Tonette!) for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award! You know me, I'm terrible with blog awards, but I thought it'd be fun to announce this one in conjunction with Tara's cover reveal. The rules are: link back to the blogger who awarded you, reveal 7 things about yourself and nominate 15 bloggers (here's where I suck at awards). Anyone and everyone reading my blog, I nominate YOU! If you visit here, you must rock & inspire, right?!
To keep in the spirit of POP TRAVEL, here are 7 of my travel confessions (all true):
1. I despise (fear) flying (even though since the age of 4, I've flown from Houston to Chicago 2x per year to visit my father).
2. When I was young, I could always convince one of the flight attendants to play the Crazy 8 card game with me.
3. Chewing gum (or swallowing) does NOT work when you have sinus issues.
4. For some odd reason, I like to use airplane bathrooms. Part of me thinks it helps pass the time. But there's another part of me that just wants to get up and be nosy, observing all the passengers.
5. Nowadays, I have to take an anti-anxiety pill or stop by the terminal bar before boarding.
6. I perform a visual pat down of every passenger, searching for bulged pockets or anything out of the ordinary. Then I watch any suspicious folk like a hawk during the flight.
7. And the funniest was two years ago when I thought there was an issue with the cabin pressure of our plane. I hit the button for the flight attendant twice. She pretty much looked at me like I was freak, assuring me nobody else on the plane was having problems. My daughters teased me when we landed. They said, "Mom, if you wanted to play cards with her, why didn't you just ask?"
Have a writerly week, y'all and watch for POP TRAVEL on July 7!!